whats a bin file

leeknight67 18:34 23 Sep 2005

i just downloaded a game and it says the file is a bin file, another is a cue file and i also have a rar file. what are they and how do i go about working them?
thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:45 23 Sep 2005
  thms 18:54 23 Sep 2005

click here

A rar file is a compressed file. You will need a prog like WinRar to open it. On the other hand you may be able to open it with WinZip.

Hamish 18:54 23 Sep 2005

What is BIN files? BIN files is one of CD/DVD image formats. BIN file is a binary copy of an entire CDs/DVDs disc. BIN file contain ALL the data stored on the original disc including not only its files and folders but also its system-specifics information, for examples, bootable information, volume, volume attributes and any other system-specific data. Actually, BIN image file is not a collection of files or folders but is an exact duplicate of the raw data of the original disc, sector by sector. Look at this site click here. Then go to Tutorials and look under Using MagicISO as BIN extractor. You did ask

canard 03:28 24 Sep 2005

Hamish it's time I knew that-thanks!

Pooke 09:10 24 Sep 2005

choose to burn a data cd in you cd burning software. Choose to open cd image. Then point the burner to the cue file.

That then tells the buring software such as nero what to do with the bin file.

Pooke

Pooke 09:16 24 Sep 2005

note bin files aren't always associate with cd images. All it is, is a binary file if you tried to view it it would appear as gobble-de-gook on screen. It's the presence of the cue file that indicates that it should be burned to cd.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?