What is wrong? No Network connections and . ..

goldentouchgirl 15:43 11 Apr 2008

Hi
I think my computer has caught the plague! I have nothing in my network connections folder, have tried various com prompts but nada....Cannot turn off my firewall....Cannot install no matter what I do the latest flash....This has all come about as moved house...have tiscali bb and tried to install it from the cd....have a siemens gigaset se587....then told pc too slow so cannot install now have 12 month contract and no pc...mental breakdown imminent....

XP SP2

Hope somebody might be able to help?
TY IA
Lynn

techie4me 17:11 11 Apr 2008

Have you contacted your ISP over this?
May be something they can do externally.

ambra4 17:12 11 Apr 2008

“This has all come about as moved house”

Moving computer equipment around can cause some strange problems to appear the next time you switch it on

You need to open the case and make sure all the cards on the motherboard is seated firmly into their socket

goldentouchgirl 19:55 11 Apr 2008

No, nothing loose. It would not allow Flash install before the move _ I mentioned the move as it explained new bb connection. Tiscali do not respond and i cannot afford to keep ringing the help line and not be understood....I remember once I had some software that took a snapshot of my system and then I copied and pasted a log onto a site and it was studied for problems but my memory fails as to which programme and what site did that???

recap 20:37 11 Apr 2008

Have you tried a System Restore?

john bunyan 17:07 12 Apr 2008

goldentouchgirl.Is the new house phone wired for broadband at the exchange? Have you told your ISP your new phone no? Bear up - there are worse problems in life!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?