What is the Workaround??

Highli'nladdie 10:33 14 Feb 2008

My system has 3 hard drives, 2 are clones of 'C'. Using a Ps2 mouse and keyboard I had the option of booting into any drive using the F11 key. Since moving over to wireless mouse and keyboard I can no longer use the F11 option as the wireless mouse and keyboard are not activated until the boot up is complete. At present if I want to update my other drives I have to use a Ps2 keyboard. Any other workarounds ?

recap 11:16 14 Feb 2008

Look for the software for the keyboard as you may be able to program the F11 key for dual booting.

Eric10 11:17 14 Feb 2008

I don't use a wireless keyboard so I'm just guessing here. The wireless device for your keyboard probably plugs into a USB port so you may need to look in your BIOS settings for "USB legacy support" or something similar. I would think you will need to have this enabled.

Highli'nladdie 12:19 14 Feb 2008

The problem with the wireless keyboard is that power is not being applied to the keyboard until the boot process is nearly complete which of course means that I cant even access the bios. (F2). Looks to me that wireless is OK for some things but not everything. I'll have to stick with my two keyboards. I'll post as resolved Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?