What Wireless Router do I need for Virgin media

dvk 17:10 05 Sep 2007

I have a cable modem connected to my desktop. I have just bought a new laptop and want to access wireless internet. I would buy a standard Router but my PC and modem is in the loft converted 4th Bedroom and want to ensure I can recive good speeds from the ground floor. I do not want to spend money on an expensive router if I do not need to but I am aware that I may need to - so could I please have some advice on what I would be best for me.

thms 18:01 05 Sep 2007

Well I am on Virgin broadband and recently bought one of these click here to connect my wifes laptop.

Worked straight away no problems. Comes with an instalation wizard cd. Run cd when still connected to your modem then follow onscreen instructions this will tell you when to connect up to the router.

Remember to go into the security part to set a password etc for using wireless.

lil27 18:42 05 Sep 2007

DVK

I have also recently installed the same router as thms for a wireless connection to Virgin Broadband. I also had no problems and the installation was pretty easy to follow using the supplied quick set up CD and I am no boffin by any means.

With regards to the security part set up, this needs to be done manually on the routers configuration page which is explained in the instructions. Make sure you use the WPA security and not WEP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?