What is this when i attempt to access site?

gazmix 14:45 10 May 2007

Hi
I visited a website & when i logged out, it wouldn't let me & i got this page!
Also now when i try to go back to the sites homepage , be it on my dropdown address bar or via a search engine, i still get it. Is it my pc, or a problem with the site itself. Here it is!:-

Server Error in '/' Application.
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

The source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be shown when compiled in debug mode. To enable this, please follow one of the below steps, then request the URL:

1. Add a "Debug=true" directive at the top of the file that generated the error. Example:

%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %>

or:

2) Add the following section to the configuration file of your application:

configuration>
system.web>
compilation debug="true"/>
/system.web>
/configuration>

Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given application to be compiled in debug mode. The first technique will cause only that particular file to be compiled in debug mode.

Important: Running applications in debug mode does incur a memory/performance overhead. You should make sure that an application has debugging disabled before deploying into production scenario.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
Plentyoffish.DisplayResults.GetHomepage(Boolean byip) +684
Plentyoffish.everyoneonline.GetHomepage() +761
ASP.everyoneonline_aspx.__Render__control1(HtmlTextWriter __w, Control parameterContainer) +20423
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) +112
System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +37
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +4701

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.210

gazmix 15:09 10 May 2007

Anyone!!! please.

Technotiger 16:00 10 May 2007

Hi, afraid I haven't a clue about all that, but - if you are using XP I would try a System Restore back a few days or so.

provider 2 16:07 10 May 2007

Wow! Just a guess, though: IE> Internet Options> Advanced> scroll down to Browsing and tick both of the disable script debbuging options.

Technotiger 16:08 10 May 2007

Hmm, looks a good guess to me :-)

provider 2 16:12 10 May 2007

I think maybe I should learn to spell too, Techno!

Technotiger 16:15 10 May 2007

Maybe you need to be debbugged :-)

Technotiger 16:16 10 May 2007

Should have asked earlier - what was the site you were trying to get out of?

provider 2 16:20 10 May 2007

Technotiger
Undeniably!

gazmix 16:41 10 May 2007

Hi Techno
The site is a relationship & dating site called click here

Provider 2
The 2 boxes you mentioned are already ticked.

It seems to happen when i enter the website name, or if i do a google on the site, it happens with the main link, but not with the other links, like 'my city' etc!

I could try the restore, but could you check it out for me on Google, or typing it in & trying to access it please!
Thanks
Gaz

provider 2 16:46 10 May 2007

gazmix
Your link connected and opened the site slowly but otherwise as normal. Looks as if the problem is in your system rather than with the site.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?