What webcam?

swapper 07:20 28 Jan 2010

WinXPPro and Vista Home,

My friends and I have decided to get web cams, but we are all totally confused by the price and Type.

The lowest price (£7) we have seen is in a Supermarket, and goes up from there.

I suppose our maximim price would be about £30, but that depends on the advice that we can get, perhaps we could go higher (but that depends on the weather and our heating allowance!!).

We will be using Skype, so can anyone advice us about these cameras please, what should we be looking for , why do the prices vary so much, and what sort of quality could we expect.

thank you very much

Technotiger 09:22 28 Jan 2010

IMHO there is only one webcam worth getting - the Logitech Quickcam Pro9000.

click here

oldbeefer2 09:30 28 Jan 2010

I have the same as TT and it is very good. If your budget is tight, though, one of the cheaper Logitech cameras will give good results. I'd avoid the very cheap ones. This one click here is a good deal at the moment.

swapper 10:49 29 Jan 2010

Well, thank you both for the advice, I'll have a look at the Pro9000, and if we go without meat for a week or so ...who knows :-)

Thanks again, I will come back and say what I have ended up with.

swapper 22:20 29 Jan 2010

Thanks again, we have now bought the Pro9000.

Technotiger 22:29 29 Jan 2010

Grreat, I am certain you will not regret it. Thanks for your feedback.

john810 02:44 30 Jan 2010

<a href="click here">iPhone Ringtone Maker</a> is a powerful iPhone Ringtones Maker which can not only convert mainstream audio files like WMA, WAV, RA, M4A, MP3 to iPhone ringtones in M4R format but also make iPhone ringtones from videos like AVI, MPEG, WMV, DivX, MP4, H.264/AVC, AVCHD, MKV, etc.
<a href="click here">MPEG To iPhone Converter</a>

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?