What is the web address for this m/board Please.

Sapins 19:33 19 Apr 2004

Info from Belarc Advisor.

Board: GATEWAY Tabor C Coppermine MP440BX Coppermine 4000597-306
Serial Number: A
Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
BIOS: Intel Corp. 4M4PB0X1.15A.0032.P20 11/30/1999.

Regards,

Sapins.

Totally-braindead 19:37 19 Apr 2004

This is the Gateway website, don't know if its got what you want though
click here

Sapins 20:46 19 Apr 2004

Hi Totally-braindead,

Thanks for the link, very useful info that I welcome and can use but I am looking for the Motherboard Manual and I can't find it on that site.

Sapins 20:54 19 Apr 2004

Found the "User" guide on click here

Still dosn't tell me what size processor I can upgrade to:-(

Sapins 21:03 19 Apr 2004

sorry, should have said straight off that is what I am looking for:-((

jakimo 21:07 19 Apr 2004

Phone Gateway helpline, they will ask for your invoice no.and pc serial number befor giving out any imformation

Totally-braindead 22:22 19 Apr 2004

Good advice from jakimo there, you could also get the serial number off your PC and try that on the website, there seems to be a lot of info there that you can only get to with a serial number.

temp003 03:22 20 Apr 2004

You should double check the following results yourself, preferably with Gateway.

Your motherboard is a Tabor (Pentiumm II) motherboard.

4M4PB0X1 is the BIOS (provided by Phoenix). Your current BIOS version is 4M4PB0X1.15A.0032.P20 (version P20)

There is a newer BIOS P21, but it doesn't say what functionality it adds.

For upgrade of CPU, you are limited to the Pentium II series - not much point.

click here and use 4M4PBOX1 as the BIOS number (or Tabor as the motherboard name), and you will see the results.

On the left, if you click BIOS upgrader, you will also see there's a more recent BIOS upgrade - but as I said, doesn't tell you what difference it makes.

Sapins 05:29 20 Apr 2004

Thanks for your help everyone, I'm off fishing now so will try your suggestions and post back this evening, oh yes, after the football!

Regards,

Sapins.

Sapins 21:57 20 Apr 2004

jakimo, will phone help line later on.

Totally-braindead, tried the serial number, it said they were unable to find the number, even though I typed it in, as the system was bought outside the US.

temp003, It's a Pentium 111 650Ghz processor.

Thanks for all your help guy's, It looks like it will have to be a new motherboard and processor if I want to upgrade the system but I will have to stick with what I've got for the time being. The info you all gave is most welcome and useful.

Still had a good day's fishing so mustn't grumble.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?