What video card do I have

Ghloria 09:51 17 Mar 2003

Please bear in mind that I am still new to all of this... How do I determine which video card I have in my Packard Bell Pulsar C300..

Glow

PSF 09:56 17 Mar 2003

It looks like you have an ATI Rage Pro Turbo.

Pulsar C300 Intel Maui+ 48MB SDRAM ATI Rage Pro Turbo Yamaha YMF 740 FDV 56K V90

click here for all the info.

VoG™ 09:56 17 Mar 2003

If you download and run click here it will be listed under "Display".

DieSse 10:01 17 Mar 2003

click here

click here

Download one or both of the above - and they will tell you all you might want to know about your system (and probably lots you don't want to know too!).

Ghloria 10:23 17 Mar 2003

So it looks like I have the "ATI Rage Pro Turbo".. I have been told that I should install the latest driver version for it and I have the site click here for it, but am unsure how to procede especially with the "The video ROM can only be updated from DOS mode. It cannot be updated from a Windows DOS session" part.

Glow

nightporter 10:48 17 Mar 2003

You need a Display driver from here click here not a video ROM. Installing the Video Rom is known as "Flashing" and is not recomended for the novice, as it can easily ruin the graphics card.

DieSse 10:57 17 Mar 2003

The link you posted is for Compaq deskpro systems . Do not try to use it under any circumstances.

nightporter has the correct way to go - but have you actually checked your adapter model/type with one of the download - better to be doubly safe than sorry.

Ghloria 11:43 17 Mar 2003

I went to the link provided by nightporter and used it to look for the video card that i have installed which is the "ATI 3D ragepro (english) (directX). For windows 98 (my operating system)it says to use the operating system driver. So I take it I have no more to do!!

Glow

DieSse 14:26 17 Mar 2003

You're correct - no more to do.

Ghloria 14:53 17 Mar 2003

Thank you so much

Gloria

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?