What version Google Earth ?

Furkin 11:09 25 Apr 2011
Answered

Hi, When I had my machine rebuilt over Christmas, I put on Google Earth. The first thing I noticed is that when I zoom into places very close, the camera angle changes & I see a flat view across the earths surface. I don't like this, so if I zoomed out again. But it doesn't zoom out to where you were, but backs along a similar trajectory across the ground.

I have just looked on it for details to show you and it looks like a beta version. Google Earth 6.0.1.2032 (beta) Build Date 12/10/2010

1/ Can I still get the old version (don’t know the name/number). 2/ Am I using this version wrong ? 3/ Is this still in beta mode ?

I can't seem to load Street Views either.

thanks

Woolwell 12:50 25 Apr 2011
Answer

If you continue to scroll/zoom in it will automatically enter street view. You can also enter street view by dragging the pegman on the zoom bar to the spot you want to see. Personally I rarely use Google Earth as I find that Google Maps is just as good and you don't need a separate program.

Furkin 23:54 25 Apr 2011

Thanks for that WW. That does seem to work - in a fashion. It dosn't seem to zoom in/out as well as it used to.

Maybe this will be ironed out before this beta version becomes fixed.

PS: I'm now getting Notifications of Replies again after several years.

thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?