what upgrades do i need?

coola 19:41 26 Aug 2013

hope you can help me,i am wanting to play next gen games on my pc and was wondering what "insides " i would need to upgrade to.at present i have this:- os is windows xp pro processor is x86 family 6 model 15 stepping 11 genuine intel~2400 mhz bios is phoenix tech ltd asus p5n32-e sli plus acpi sound is creative x-fi audio processor (wdw) graphics is 2 nvidea geforce 7900gs processor is core 2 quad cpu q6600 @2.40 ghz what benefit would it be to upgrade pc ,rather than buying xbox1 or ps3 any help would be greatly appreciated

Chronos the 2nd 09:34 27 Aug 2013

Asus P5N32 Which is quite old tech as it is a socket 775 motherboard and we must be about 3 or 4 generations further on. But that is not to say we cannot find you an upgrade or two.

Can you take of the side of the PC and post the wattage of your power supply unit? It will be on a label. Also how much memory have you got/

It would be useful to know how much of a budget you have? As it is very difficult to advise without knowing how much we have to spend.

wee eddie 13:39 27 Aug 2013

Don't waste your money.

It's a good PC but only the Case is up to the latest Games.

coola 08:48 31 Aug 2013

thanks guys for taking the time to reply,problem solved ,better half has pre ordered ps4 nice surprise thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone