What Spyware remover should i be using?

triflesterms 08:11 21 Oct 2007

Hi

Im looking to download some free spyware but not sure which one will do the best job?

Thanx

johnnyrocker 09:17 21 Oct 2007

there is plenty of spyware about, i do hope you are looking for ANTI spyware;) there are many freebies available for d/load on this site, best bets imoh are spy-bot, spywareblaster, possibly windows defender, and super antispyware.
all of which are of no use if they are not kept up to date and run regularly.

johnny.

Technotiger 09:31 21 Oct 2007
  GANDALF <|:-)> 09:48 21 Oct 2007

You may get confused with all on offer, so this is what I use and it has been faultless...Spyware terminator click here and AVG free + a little common sense. There is no point in having a huge arsenal at your disposal. Stick to one AV and I like Spyware Terminator as it is a) free and b) protects in real-time and updates automatically. There is no earthly reason for a home user to pay for any protection.

G

mfletch 11:03 21 Oct 2007

Hi My personal opinion is these free programs,

1/ SAS Superantispyware/ click here
2/ AVG Antispyware/ click here
3/Spyware Terminator/ just started to use and very happy with it, click here

Using all three {one at a time} should just about remove most common spy problems

mfletch

cliffoa 12:18 25 Nov 2007

I've been using AVG's free anti-virus software for several years, so am keen to try their anti-spyware. I can download the file okay but can't seem to get it to install. Every time i click on the exe file (avgas-setup-7.5.1.43exe), it won't open or run. I downloaded a load of updates from Microsoft the other day, wonder if any of them are blocking it from opening? Does anyone have any ideas? Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone