What should I do for the best

erkmatrix 09:17 21 Nov 2007

Slight PCI slot dilema. On my new pc the motherboard is has 3 pci slots and 3 pci express slots. Currently I have my graphics card using the top pci slot and then network adapter using the next pci slot and then last pci is taken up with my soundcard. trouble is I also have a tv card too that needs a pci slot.

So at the moment I'm doing without the tv trying to think of a solution. We have 2 desktops and a laptop fixed to a router so 3 wireless network adapters are used to get broadband. Is there any other way I could still connect to the internet on my desktop without the network adapter or can you buy network adapter to slot into pci-express, its a bt voyager one I have in at the moment cause thats what the router is another adapter would work too wouldn't it if it was pciexpress.

or is there another solution you can think of, like is there such a thing as a pci-e to pci converter.

Cheers

Simsy 09:49 21 Nov 2007

that graphics cards used a pci-e slot? IF so, can't you move the graphics card into one of those which will free up an "ordinary" pci slot?

With apologies if I'm wrong... this is NOT an area I have great knowledge in!!

Regards,

Simsy

bobbybowls 09:50 21 Nov 2007

you could try a usb wireless dongle. i have no experience of them myself, but someone will advise you if they are any good.

Killo Bite 09:58 21 Nov 2007

then look at the Freecom DVB-T USB Stick from click here quickfind code 18809 these Digital Tuner USB powered sticks are excellent but to get the best signal a dedicated TV ariel preffered compared to one of them mobile ones.

Make sure you have a Sensible size PSU & Decent graphics card also.

then look at the Freecom DVB-T USB Stick from click here quickfind code 18809 these Digital Tuner USB powered sticks are excellent but to get the best signal a dedicated TV ariel preffered compared to one of them mobile ones.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?