what should i do

  User-A348E3D1-3BCE-479B-B376ABA0CDA86706 21:42 14 Aug 2007

My rig is a
Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3GHZ
2 X 1024 MB Ram
Intergrated ATI 1250 256MB SHARED

What would you upgrade

I am thinking of upgrading my hard drive to a
click here it cost £55.
But is the performance going to increase a lot or not.

  wolfie3000 21:51 14 Aug 2007

Depends what you want to do with your pc,

A hard drive upgrade would be a good idea and also if you are planning to play games a new graphics card wouldnt go amiss.

  woodchip 22:12 14 Aug 2007

Don't think you will make it any faster no matter what you change. As above if you are into Games then a dedicated Graphics card would help

  Strawballs 22:20 14 Aug 2007

A new hard drive won't improve performance just give you more storage space.

  Stuartli 22:20 14 Aug 2007

The Seagate is cheaper here:

click here

but even better (as it's a 400GB WD Caviar SE at a similar price)

click here

The JB normally represents a better warranty level.

I've had no problems with my WD Caviar SE hard drives (JB versions) over several years - only reason for change has been to up the capacity available.

  [email protected] 22:28 14 Aug 2007

if it's a new pc with vista a seperate graphics card will make a vast difference.

  Stuartli 22:29 14 Aug 2007

Would seem unlikely to be a new system with only an 80GB HDD.

  Stuartli 23:16 14 Aug 2007

Maxtor 320GB HDD £42(!):

click here

  [email protected] 23:35 14 Aug 2007

"but is the performance going to increase a lot or not"
the reason i asked if it was new, was because of the age of the cpu.

  woodchip 23:36 14 Aug 2007

Yep some of the £199 Computer Base stations do come with 80Gb's

Yes I used my old hard drive.
The barebone unit only had a case,psu,ram,mother and cpu.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?