What router and other peripherals do I need?

Ally 17:01 08 Sep 2005

I have just had installed ntl 1meg broadband, currently conected to ntl's cable modem via ethernet cable. I want to use my laptop & PC wirelessly. I've been told I can do this but not sure what equipment I need. If I can avoid it I would prefer USB than having to open up my machines to put cards in. Can anyone explain in detail the names of the hardware to ask/look for when I shop. Will probably buy via ebuyer.

Thanks all

Alley.

wjrt 22:14 08 Sep 2005
  LAP 10:11 09 Sep 2005

We have 2 computers in the same room and went over to Btbroadband and wireless at the same time and purchased the following.

1 Bt Voyager 2100 wireless router (this also contains the modem) and 2 Bt Voyager 1050 USB wireless networking adaptors. These work fine. This is all you will require. I do not have any knowledge of any other products

N.B. I originally purchased Philips USB adaptors and when I did have a minor connection/set up problem I found that Philips help was on line (rubbish) and Bt did not want to know because it was not a Bt product. So I took them back and exchanged them for Bt one's.

I hope this helps?

LAP 12:10 10 Sep 2005

^bump^

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?