What is the "recylcler" folder?

princesplaff 22:33 14 Feb 2004

I ran an AVG virus check, and noticed it was looking through a folder with the path C:\RECYCLERThere were about 10,000 jpg files in it, all with the prefix dsc(num).jpg yet any attempt to find this folder or any dsc*.jpg files proved fruitless.
I have all my system files showing, and my recycle bin did not have any files with that prefix.
Where are these files, and how can I view them?

Valvegrid 23:03 14 Feb 2004

Do you use a Nikon digital camera? If you do that is the file structure DSC#####.jpg refers to.

click here

I'm not sure how to unlock the folder though, one of the other peeps may be able to help.

Paul.

princesplaff 23:13 14 Feb 2004

Yes, I have a Fuji finepix, but there's no way I have loaded 10,000 pictures, besides, fuji uses dscf, and these were dsc.

woodchip 23:17 14 Feb 2004

Look in the software in explorer that you use to edit look at download to. To find the files, or Make a note of one of the file Names and number and look in find files for the file

VoG II 23:26 14 Feb 2004

Using NTFS perchance click here

princesplaff 00:30 15 Feb 2004

Thanks, done that already. I think, however, that I have sorted it out. I hadn't unhid all the system files, and it was on F: not C:

Thanks all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?