What is QTP-MT334.DLL ?

SB23 20:21 23 Apr 2007

Since this morning my pc has been acting strange. I've had the dreaded blue screen twice, had to reinstall Aol, because it lost the modem, and couldn't find it again, and when I tried to scan for spyware not one of the programs would start up, at all.
I downloaded Prevx1 just to see what it would find, and its found QTP-MT334.DLL. Its 4.05MB in size, and it was located in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32.
I have googled but not found much.
Although since finding it, my pc seems better, I was just curious as even the Prevx website doesn't have much info.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Steve

MrNerdy 20:56 23 Apr 2007

A dll file is normally part of the system32 file.
Do you use Partition Magic at all?

baldtaco 02:47 24 Apr 2007
  SB23 17:01 24 Apr 2007

It looks as though you were right.
The digital signature is from Paragon Technology. I tried a demo of that program last week, but uninstalled it as I didn't like it.

baldtaco

Thanks for the links, but it's not QT, but QTP-MT334.DLL that is installed. Thats why I posted in the end, because all I could find was QT-MT334.DLL which wasn't the right one.

All said and done, it appears to be a reminant of the Paragon program I tried, so it looks safe. I've run AVG Antispyware and a few others and all seems ok. Just seems strange that Prevx1 found it to be malicious, when it seems not to be.
As the pc has been fine today I will tick, and I think the problem yesterday was just either the modem or Aol...typical!

Thanks both

Steve

baldtaco 15:42 25 Apr 2007

Glad you nailed it ;-)

Stuartli 18:20 25 Apr 2007

My immediate thought seeing QTP was that it was connected with QuickTime Player..:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?