What program(s) is used to srink a Blu-ray into a small file(2 gygas).

nerawan2 15:58 24 Mar 2014

Hi. About 2 years ago I asked about a program to srink a blu-ray BIGGER than 25 gygas into one blu-ray of 25 gygas. Some people spoke about the quality lost in the process, etc. Now a friend downloads this type of blu-ray from torrents and I'm amazed to see that the size is only 1 gyga or 2 and the quality is basically the same. Someone knows how this is done?

aquatarkus 18:32 24 Mar 2014

No just use MakeMKV You can choose which audio stream you want to keep, stereo, 5.1, 7.1 DTS, DTS-HD and True HD.

Once you have converted the BD to MKV you can then use a program called Handbrake to shrink it down even further.

Please be aware though that the small you shrink it down the picture quality will suffer A 25 gig blue ray disk can be compressed down to 1 or 2 gig but the quality will suffer, if only slightly.

When i rip my blue-rays i keep them as 1.1 bit perfect copies but i don't have to worry about space.

Regards Aquatarkus

nerawan2 20:49 24 Mar 2014

MKV srinks the bluRays? and what is the difference with Handbrake?

aquatarkus 23:17 24 Mar 2014

MakeMKV converts the blue-ray disk to the MKV format and can make the resulting file size smaller by about half so a 25 gig blue-ray comes out to about 12 gig. You can then use Handbrake to make the MKV file smaller. look here click here

http://handbrake.fr/

Regards Aquatarkus.

nerawan2 16:27 25 Mar 2014

Thanks for your answer. As I said I was curious about how this process took place.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?