what program to use in making cd backup copies?

mesmd 23:16 05 Jul 2004

Hi,
Is there a standard program to make backup copies of my own cd disks, program disks, music, etc.? I've tried cdclone and clonecd but many times they fail. I have DVD-Xcopy for dvds and it always makes the copy. Is there not a similar cd copying program? Thank you for any help.
Sincerely,
Miles

THE TERMINATOR 23:26 05 Jul 2004

Nero 6.0 is the program you want. But if you want one for free try downloads at PCA or Download.com....TT

Djohn 23:37 05 Jul 2004

Agree with THE TERMINATOR, Nero is probably your best choice, OEM version can be bought for under a tenner.

mesmd 23:42 05 Jul 2004

Thanks THE TERMINATOR,
That seems so ironic!!!! Nero 5 was the program I had installed when I first used it to try and make a backup copy of its cd!! It would not make a copy of itself using its own installed program!!! I know it must be copy protected. Does ver. 6.0 have any changes that would allow making a copy of its cd??

Thanks so much for your reply.
Miles

mesmd 00:15 06 Jul 2004

Djohn,
Please see my post to THE TERMINATOR, as it applies to you also. Thanks for any further comments you may have.
Miles

mesmd 01:13 06 Jul 2004

Hi all:
I found the answer to my problem!!! Having Nero 5 installed on the system interfered and blocked the copy of the Nero CD 5!!! How sneaky of Nero!!! The ironic thing is that I used Nero when installed, to try and make the copy of its own cd and it failed. After uninstalling Nero from the hard drive, my program called CLONECD by Slysoft did the copy of the Nero 5 cd in 6 minutes with no problems.
Clonecd is a trial shareware program that has not failed any cd yet, as long as Nero 5 is not on the Hard Drive!!! They give you 21 days to try it, then I think it's 19.95 us.
Sorry to bother you all with my own self created problem!!!!
Miles

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?