What Printer is the the best for quantity printing

BobbiB 20:50 08 May 2009

Hi, can anybody help plz? I was wondering what printer would be best for me...I am opening a playschool soon and I will need a printer that will allow me to print loads of colour in pages and info (mostly blk and white) and also coloured photos. I am looking for something reasonable, that the cartrages wont cost me a lot like the printer I already have EPSOM Stylys Photo R245)Any suggestions for a all in one would be great, as I will need to do some scaning.If any of you can help I would be very greatful. Somebody has one for sale a (HP Photosmart C4380)will this ok?

crosstrainer 21:46 08 May 2009

To be honest, if you are going to be printing a lot of pages, then a laser would be your best option.

Inkjets are simply too expensive to run at high volume printing..

Some ideas:

click here

As you can see, prices have fallen dramatically, and it really is your best bet.

A cheap scanner can be picked up for next to nothing.

BobbiB 23:04 08 May 2009

Thanks for your responese, I will have a look at your suggestions, tell you the truth I have no idea of printers, always made the wrong choices :(
x

woodchip 23:31 08 May 2009

You may be better getting a Laser Colour Printer

checkout click here

I use a Samsung Mono Laser for Text and a Epson Aculaser 1100c for colour. But my photos are done on a Epson Multifuntion RX620

Its Big and heavy click here

BobbiB 00:02 09 May 2009

Woodchip, thank you for your response. I see you have many printers, very confusing for me haha Is Samsung Mono Laser only blk/white? I would prefer one that is combined does both, although I will be doing more blk/white prints I like to have the option of printing in colour. A combined one would be grat that can do scaning as well so I can add the childrens work straight on the PC and print them for display. So many printers to choose from is to much for me. I thought if I have a name I can just put it as an add and see if somebdoy has one for sale.
Thanks again x

jack 08:32 09 May 2009

On the merits of laser v. ink jet and which laser to buy makes interesting reading.

click here

The final selection of the poster was

click here

based on recommendation from myself and others

woodchip 09:02 09 May 2009

yes Samsung is black and white.

woodchip 09:14 09 May 2009

If you want quantity printing for photos. you do need a Inkjet. But as I said the Epson C1100 is not far behind it but it big and heavy click here

But you are not bugged by inkjet clogging

woodchip 09:15 09 May 2009

You can get Toners a lot cheaper online, or just buy toner and file them your self. But messy

jack 09:55 09 May 2009

yes Samsung is black and white.

The Samsung CLP 315 is- colour- see my above.
True, colour photo's by laser as not as good as inkjet and in general cannot be printed on glossy{Though Ryman stationers do offer a Laser 'Glossy' it still not as good]
But for all general 'print purposes' it is good enough

woodchip 14:26 09 May 2009

he was asking about the Samsung that I have, a ML 4700 I think that is what it is, had it a number of years just for text.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?