what power leads etc do i need for photo printer

hulme 20:33 04 Dec 2006

have just bought an HP 7762 photosmart printer off ebay for £12,but it has no leads etc, but the guy said he used the lead from another printer and it works fine.

The thing is, as a novice i have no idea what type of leads i will need to get it up and running, would be grateful for any help and advice, and if anyone has owned one of these printers are they any good?

many thanks

Technotiger 21:03 04 Dec 2006

Hi, you need a normal USB Printer lead, available from any PC shop.

click here

Technotiger 21:04 04 Dec 2006

PS - enlarge the pic in my link.

Technotiger 21:09 04 Dec 2006

Also for the Manual ...

click here&

hulme 00:08 05 Dec 2006

many thanks, much appreciated, downloaded the manual and drivers, but as the seller said the printer was working fine will i still need to install the drivers?.

a bit confused with regards to the workings of a power supply unit-adapter, am i going to need one of these?

many thanks

Stuartli 07:25 05 Dec 2006

Don't know this particular printer, but if the printer's power supply socket is round then it's most likely a power adapter (would need to be the correct step down voltage); if it's a "figure of eight" a kettle lead or, almost square with three prongs, then the power lead used, for instance, for the PSU on your system.

Technotiger 07:58 05 Dec 2006

Your printer needs a PSU sometimes called a Mains Adapter, unfortunately there is no indication anywhere in the User Guides of it's power ratings. Look at the socket on the back of the printer to see if the Power Ratings are marked there - something like 9vDC with a small diagram indicating + or - Polarity.

and Yes, you need to install the Software before connecting the Printer.

Technotiger 08:03 05 Dec 2006

What we really need here is someone who has one of these printers ....

Technotiger 08:09 05 Dec 2006

click here

This is the Mains Adapter you need ... C8874A 6V AC.

Technotiger 08:17 05 Dec 2006

PS - so I guess it is back to ebay for you :-))

hulme 23:51 06 Dec 2006

many thanks indeed for all your help, will let you know how i get on once i set it up.

regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?