What is power control [2014/12/04 09:24:00] in the Device Manager?

Quincinatorx 20:36 22 Jan 2015

I have been having a problem with my custom built computer slowing down and becoming unresponsive lately and Tune up utilities points me to the power control [2014/12/04 09:24:00] within the Device Manager, when I find it, it has a small yellow triangle with a '!' in it. Does anybody know what this device is? Is this a physical device that is failing or is it software based? If it is physical, where is if found? Is it part of the motherboard, power supply, RAM, graphics card? If I knew where it was, I could replace the component rather than having to buy a whole new system if it is a fatal failure.

Any help/advice would be appreciated as I have run out of people to ask (All my friends are scratching their heads too)

northumbria61 12:57 23 Jan 2015

If you take a READ HERE it may relate to your problem. It could be a program or driver that you had installed and have uninstalled which hasn't completely been removed rather than a component.

Quincinatorx 13:43 23 Jan 2015

Thanks for your reply northumbria61. The post that you link to is in reference to a Cyberlink program, I do recall installing Cyberlink powerDVD demo around the time the problem started so this may well be the cause of the problem. I shall try the steps outlined in the post and see if that works :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?