what pc??

bobkaz 17:25 24 Aug 2006

help, my son wants a computer for xmas, he will be using it mainly for playing games and internet oh and homework, what do i need to be buying?

smonoco 17:28 24 Aug 2006

Read P.C. Advisor or check Google.

Mr Mistoffelees 17:47 24 Aug 2006

Wait until you are closer to Xmas. Things change so fast in computers that what is the right one to buy now will not be the right one to buy nearer Xmas.

wee eddie 22:07 24 Aug 2006

Where do you live and how old is your son.

There are many other things that you will need to buy, so a budget is something to be thinking about.

If your son is a teenage Gamer, you can forget any of the special offers in Tesco, but Medion PCs are frequently on offer at some German owned supermarket called Aldolf or some-such!

I think that a sneaky course in magazine reading, while on the way to work, is in order.

Joe R 22:39 24 Aug 2006

bobkaz,

as previously stated, you would probably be better off reposting this whole thread again around the end of November, or start of December.

P.C. prices are fluctuating wildly at the minute, partly in no small measure, to the new Intel "core duo" cpu.

An AMD 64bit dual core cpu, priced at £239, only six/seven weeks ago, can now be had at just over £100.

Another three months or so down the line, will, I am sure bring you a higher spec set-up, than you could purchase just now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?