What is the OEMBP disc?

hiwatt 17:12 09 Jan 2009

Hi folks,on my vista computer when I right click my computer/properties/system protection it shows 2 discs.My c drive and one called OEMBP.Does anyone know what this is for?I thought it might be the restore partion but in disc management it shows as being 8gb with 100% free?Any help is appreciated.Thank you.

skidzy 17:58 09 Jan 2009

I believe this to be the ;

OEM Boot Process,though not totally positive may have been wiped once you created a recovery disc !

You have created a recovery disc ?

hiwatt 18:17 09 Jan 2009

Yes skidzy I've created a recovery disc.When in system restore it gives me the option to place a tick in the box box to create a restore point for this disc as well as my c drive.I don't see what this would achieve?

skidzy 19:11 09 Jan 2009

Can you post a screenshot of disk management please ?

hiwatt 21:50 09 Jan 2009

I've took a screenshot.Can you tell me how to post it here please?Thanks.

octal 22:44 09 Jan 2009

Upload the picture click here then post the link here in the forum.

hiwatt 00:07 10 Jan 2009

I'm trying to upload the screenshot and it's saying bad file type?I'm saving it in wordpad.Is it ok to do this?Thanks.

MAJ 00:48 10 Jan 2009

You need to save the screenshot in a graphics program, save it as a jpeg. MS Paint, which you should have, will do.

hiwatt 01:05 10 Jan 2009

Thank you folks.Here is the link [url=click here][img=click here][/url]

hiwatt 01:07 10 Jan 2009

Please ignore the 1st link.The 2nd link is the one.Cheers.

skidzy 09:11 10 Jan 2009

I am pretty sure it is as ive said Hiwatt,it is/was the recovery partition and can be difficult to remove if so wished.

I have exactly the same here on this Vista machine though slightly less GB's and is also listed as 100% free.

I do believe this is used to create the once only recovery disc.

Where did you get this computer ? PCW/Currys/Dixons etc ?

Personally i would leave it alone unless you know how to use partition tools such as partition magic/Gparted/ etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone