what laptop suites for computer designing?

dovee 03:08 05 Sep 2006

I am going to study desingning, and I am thinking what laptop I should buy. What specific features it should have as to be good enough for all digital works.

Thanks

wee eddie 09:25 05 Sep 2006

Find out which software you are likely to be using > Read the Minimum spec > add as much as you can afford.

Find out how the College likes your work to be handed in and make sure that it can handle this at a good speed (does not have to be the highest speed if you are writing to disk).

Find out how your College expect you to be able to connect to it's network and make sure that it has the fastest that is "Tried & Tested".

You are likely to need close to top of the range Graphics but can go for a lower level processor.

terryf 17:30 05 Sep 2006

Also, you should perhaps study spelling or typing 'study desingning':-)

wee eddie 17:34 05 Sep 2006

No one has told him about this yet:

click here

ade.h 17:35 05 Sep 2006

LOL.

Tut tut, though. To be fair, dovee's phraseology suggests that English may not be his/her first language.

terryf 01:19 06 Sep 2006

Sorry to say that English doesn't seem to be the first language of many of the young people in this country

silverous 21:45 10 Sep 2006

What kind of designing?

Graphic Design?
Fashion ?
Furniture ?
Automotive ?

Photoshop is often the design package of choice for computer-based graphic design e.g. for web sits, brochures etc.

silverous 21:46 10 Sep 2006

Sorry - I read "suites" as being "suites of software".

I would imagine most modern laptops could run photoshop fairly well, let us know what sort of design and also as suggested speak to your college.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?