what laptop??

marcalexrob 12:05 24 Feb 2010

Any advice would be welcome. I need a new laptop and (as ever) don't want to pay over the odds. I'll be moving to Bangkok and need it for part work, part play. Work wise, only for spread sheets and small accounting, not too much, I won't be running the business on it. For play, no gaming, I use consoles and don't play online. Some movies etc but mainly just DVD/CD and some photos etc. I do have a portable hard drive. Need webcam and WIFI built in. Notebook or laptop. What I also need to know is
a) Should I buy here or in Bangkok
b) What protection can I get inclusive and what do I need
c) Price I should pay
Thankyou to anyone who can help

sunnystaines 17:34 24 Feb 2010

if you dont mind xp there are a lot of bargins around as suppliers try to clear out xp to make way for windows7 laptops

consider bangkok for the guarantee purpose and electrics

marcalexrob 13:49 25 Feb 2010

thanks for response sunnystaines,
I thought about that but would rather windows 7, got to go there eventually. the software may be cheaper in bangkok thou if i merely updated later

User-1229748 00:40 26 Feb 2010

agree with sunnystaines i wouldn't be buying over here if moving to bangkok.hpoe you enjoy bangkok by the way :o)

marcalexrob 13:26 26 Feb 2010

yeah, think you're right. just on doing research the prices are oddly much the same now but for shop service, cheaper software etc prob better when in BKK and manufacturers guarantee should be world wide anyway. Many thanks smackheadz and looking forward to life away from dull uk

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?