what have i done to my drive (e)

greyballs 19:50 07 Mar 2008

i am trying to copy files (pics)to disc,and have got as far as "files ready to be written to disc"
but when i hit go the wizard tells me to insert disc. (done that) but it is not recognising the disc.is there another way to do this,or have i a drive problem.also when i play a disc i now have to start this manually.all has been well in the past,so i think i may have messed the machine up
but can not remembeer (a pen n paper to hand from now on) any help would be brill cheers.
i have a travlemate 2414 with pre installed xp

Ashrich 20:29 07 Mar 2008

Are you copying to CD or DVD ? If DVD , is it a + or - DVD , does your machine read and write to both ? Did you not get a utility with the laptop for doing this ( Nero or Roxio , something like that ) ?

Ashley

beeuuem 23:02 07 Mar 2008

Check that recording is set for the drive.
Open 'My Computer' right click on the CD/DVD drive > properties > Recording tab and ensure that 'Enable recording on this drive' is ticked.

For the disks not playing it sounds as if Autoplay has been disabled.
To repair the Autorun feature in XP download the fix from the site

click here and run the fix.

greyballs 12:08 08 Mar 2008

cheers ash yeah it dose all that or it used to
think ive just bust it

greyballs 12:24 08 Mar 2008

thanks beeuemm got n ran the auto fix.the report told me with lots of text the drive has a problem and wizard unable to fix.i used a disc to clean n speed my laptop a couple of month ago which deleted the clutter this did work,but i get the feeling it took something it shouldn't have ?
(ashampoo winoptimiser 2008)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?