What is happening to the forum ?

mahalo 16:09 26 Mar 2006

Yesterday I read a discussion, everyone was getting upset, and now another today. I have always found when I've posted everyone has been helpfull and plesant. Perhaps it's the lomg winter and everone needs their batteries recharged with some sunshine. Heres to summer and better moods.
Cheers.

ACOLYTE 16:14 26 Mar 2006

People have differing opinions about different subject's and how they should be handled,that's ok everyone is entitled to there opinion.Me personally i always try to help even if the subject matter is shall we say "delicate",i also try to see the funny side of things too,this helps a lot on a forum like this where the posts can get a tad heated))).

I agree with you though we need some sun.

johnnyrocker 16:15 26 Mar 2006

no argument there.

johnny.

€dstowe 16:17 26 Mar 2006

A lot of the disquiet takes place at times when places that sell intoxicating beverages are closing (notwithstanding 24 hour opening).

Read into that what you wish.

woodchip 16:19 26 Mar 2006

Always avoid argument, they do not achieve anything. And even if you think you won, you may lose a friend

Totally-braindead 16:24 26 Mar 2006

I think I know the postings you refer to mahalo and your point is well taken.

Stuartli 16:27 26 Mar 2006

Some of the most argumentative people I know are teetotallers...:-)

€dstowe 19:36 26 Mar 2006

"Some of the most argumentative people I know are teetotallers...:-)

Uusually provoked by those that aren't.

HXP 22:10 26 Mar 2006

If you would like to see how a post 'degenerated' then here is an example - a guy asks a simple question - why can't basic broadband users get a free upgrade (which incidently did happen eventually) - one person posts an unhelpful comment and then the poor guy who raised the query gets banned by the FE for a relatively small jibe.

An injustice if there ever was one
click here

I made the point that we are all here to assist each other / ask questions and hopefully get friendly advice.

Like you that's what I thought this forum was all about and it is a shame if that isn't the case.

HXP

GANDALF <|:-)> 22:26 26 Mar 2006

The thread and it subsequent locking illustrates why you will never be a forum editor if you thought it should continue. It was a little more than that.

G

Stuartli 22:30 26 Mar 2006

As you state, in the final posting (by the FE) in your link, it was the original thread writer who received the rebuke.

He had originally asked a question which made no sense and went on to make what was considerably more than "a relatively small jibe" in a later posting.

It was unnecessary and discourteous and, what's more, you were incorrect at the time in claiming there was nothing constructive in my original response.

But it seems to have been lurking at the back of your mind for around a year now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017