What graphics card is best for me?

Sticksmith 14:52 13 Oct 2006

Hey, i have a PC running on an AMD Duron 1.1 and my computer is about 4ish years old (old i know). But my current graphics are built into my motherboard. was wondering if anyone out there could help me out, am i still able to buy a card or should invest in buying/building a new computer

zincy 15:09 13 Oct 2006

what are you looking to play?
If any half decent game, then maybe best to get a new system instead

zincy 15:09 13 Oct 2006

what are you looking to play?
If any half decent game, then maybe best to get a new system instead

Sticksmith 15:11 13 Oct 2006

Well anything half decent to be honest, (call of duty, postal 2, lord of the righs: battle for middle earth)

sean-278262 20:09 13 Oct 2006

Sorry sticksmith its a new computer for you. All of those games are not going to like your old duron. However you can possibly get a decent machine for less than £500 and just keep your keyboard, mouse and monitor and go for a base unit which is cheaper.

click here
would do it minus the monitor and plus more ram, slightly faster CPU and a better GFX card.

Strawballs 21:58 13 Oct 2006

click here you could go for something like this then buy a graphics card and swap your optical drives.

Sticksmith 10:44 16 Oct 2006

Hey thanks for the info everyone. that system on novatech looks cool i think i might just might have a look at investing into that. thanks again everybody.

Strawballs 22:18 16 Oct 2006

Don't forget if you go for the barebones from Novatech that you will have to add a hard drive (about £40 for an 80 gig) or transfer yours and get a new copy of windows if yours is OEM.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017