What free software is best to get rid of adware?

Rickster007 16:20 25 Oct 2005

What free software is best to get rid of adware because i think i have got it and also what software is best to get rid of spyware?

Stuartli 16:26 25 Oct 2005

Spybot Search and Destroy 1.4, Ad-Aware SE 1.6, SpywareBlaster for a start - must be kept updated regularly to maintain efficienty and, for AV, Avast!

Keying in each title into Google will reveal various download sites for each of them.

There are numerous threads on the subject in the forums and a search will reveal them.

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:28 25 Oct 2005

I use only one...MS Antispy and it is all that is need on my computers.

G

splork 16:28 25 Oct 2005

I'd say the same as Stuartli - get them all here click here

i.tech 16:30 25 Oct 2005

I agree, I find that Ad-aware and Spybot search and destry work very well together - anything one doesn't pick up, the other will.

You can get them free of charge at:

click here

rowdy 17:09 25 Oct 2005

I have Spybot and Ad-aware installed but like Gandalf I rely mainly on Antispy. Since installing it there has been little or nothing for Spybot and Ad aware to do.

Antispy updates itself,can be scheduled to run scans daily if necessary and really takes care of itself.

rowdy

spuds 17:26 25 Oct 2005

A few downloads for selection click here click here click here click here

All are free, with regular free updates, and all with work together without any undue problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?