What is Dr Watson Postmortem Debugger?

Europa 21:21 23 Jan 2007

My IE keeps locking, and I get the window with " there is an error and windows needs to close the program, with the option to send a report or not.
Tonight it's the first time that I see "Dr Watson Postmortem Debugger has detected an error and needs to close the program".
This is the first time I have heard of it, since I use Window XP.
What is it and why have I got Internet Explorer locking like that?

VoG II 21:27 23 Jan 2007

click here

Which version of Internet Explorer?

Europa 21:38 23 Jan 2007

Internet explorer 6. I tried to install IE7 but I couldn't get back on the net, so I have restaured back to IE6.

VoG II 21:42 23 Jan 2007

Try this click here

Europa 21:50 23 Jan 2007

Thanks VoG, will try it.

Europa 20:59 26 Jan 2007

Doctor Watson has gone but now I've got " Internet explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience".
Another thing I noticed, I can be for hours surfing the Ebay website without any problems, as soon as I come on the PC Advisor website, you can be sure that in the next 5 minutes I've got the message. Why???

Europa 21:02 26 Jan 2007

As soon as I clicked on the "post response, the message has come up. I thought my response wouldn't show. What is wrong with it?

Europa 21:06 26 Jan 2007

This time, when I clicked on "post response", IE just closed without prior message.
Sorry for the 3 postings in a row, but it is typical of what happened when I come on this website, and this is the worst I am experiencing.

Europa 17:51 27 Jan 2007

I have found what it was, one of the Adds on was playing havoc with IE, so I disabled the ones I thought I could do without and now IE works as it should. At last...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017