What do you think of my new website?

Martinsonline 17:09 08 Mar 2004

I have decided to start a new thread for my new website. Some of you may remember my old website, nitramSOFT that provided some free programes. My new one, nitram, is more or less the same thing, but now with a shorter, easier-to-remember web address and a whole new design.

Tell me what you think.

I think you've forgotten somrthing.

Forum Editor 19:12 08 Mar 2004

and then we'll tell you what we think.

jgosden 20:05 08 Mar 2004

could be wrong but after a google this appears to be his url:

click here

jgosden 20:05 08 Mar 2004

could be wrong but after a google this appears to be his url:

click here

jgosden 20:06 08 Mar 2004

thats twice i have made the same post twice, i'm sorry!!

Martinsonline 22:13 08 Mar 2004

nitram dot org dot uk
click here

Taran 22:30 08 Mar 2004

Your page refresh is taking forever, almost 35 seconds for me on broadband using fully patched IE on XP Pro.

Instead of using a redirect to the home/index.htm file, why aren't you using the index file in the web root itself ?

Why bury it one level down and use a redirect to get to it ?

Search engines hate redirects and unless you have some peculiar reason to want to use one I'm pretty stumped why you'd include it to begin with.

Martinsonline 22:35 08 Mar 2004

Soon solved.

Martinsonline 22:37 08 Mar 2004

I did the redirect so that each part of the website had its own directory. Kind of a silly idea now come to think of it. Put it in both now anyway.

Forum Editor 23:25 08 Mar 2004

is that I like your site very much. It's simple, clean, and stylish, so ten out of ten for appearance from me. If I have one small criticism it's that there's no point in hiding the navigation links away in the corner. I found myself searching for the 'home' link initially, and that's not a good idea - it should be there, right in front of the visitor's nose.

The bad news

is that I cannot for the life of me understand why you've chosen to use separate directories and index pages for each section of the site. It achieves nothing, and slows down the page refresh enormously. If I had come across your site in any other context but the forum I would have given up immediately. As a matter of urgency you should move all the pages into one directory, or into the web root.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?