what do you think of IE 7 and Windows Defender

futurekid 21:35 29 Jul 2006

hi,

just want to ask really what do u think of internet explorer 7 beta 3 does it work is it worth having etc. Also what do you think of windows defender does it work does it get spyware. etc
Really i just want other people's opinions cos i cant decide for myself what is best.

Any comments will be brilliant,

Many Thanks

Ben Greenslade.

Taff™ 22:27 29 Jul 2006

I`ve used Defender and MS Antispy it`s forerunner since the start. I don`t bother with any of the other free ones although previously I used Adaware, Spybot and Spywareblaster.

IE 7 beta 2 works for me too. I woudn`t go back to version 6 now. I`ve had no problems with either program. Go for them.

howard63 22:30 29 Jul 2006

defender seems very good - not got round to ie7 yet

rdave13 22:39 29 Jul 2006

MS Antispyware was good. Defender didn't work for me as I had too many problems with it. Believe support ends for defender some time at the end of this year?

Will wait for IE7 untill it's part of windows update although it works well in beta form on my sisters' pc.

nob14 22:49 29 Jul 2006

IE7 no way, no OE in the tool bar so dont like it. It seems like a rushed Firefox.

Taff™ 23:15 29 Jul 2006

Don`t you have OE in your quicklaunch toolbar at the bottom of the screen?

haval 07:17 30 Jul 2006

I have used windows defender from day one, works fine for me.
Have started using IE7 for the last two weeks, its a big improvement on IE6. ( its time for progress People need to move on)

highside 22:10 03 Nov 2006

Downloaded IE 7 from microsoft upadate and it caused alot of bother, It only partially loaded ANDwhen I clicked on the new program it caused the laptop to freeze. Could not uninstal it and then found system restore would not work for any restore points. Have now recovered by reinstalling windows and IE6. (WIN XP HOME SP2)

anskyber 22:43 03 Nov 2006

IE7 , I like a lot. It is very importantant to follow the release notes advice for things like toolbars. Some have caused problems.click here

johnnyrocker 23:57 03 Nov 2006

defender yes ie7 rubbish.

johnny.

barryoneoff.co.uk 00:31 04 Nov 2006

they are both excellent (about time). The layout and hidden features in IE7 take a bit of getting used to, but it's quite straightforward once you know.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?