What do you think of this deal

Legolas 15:36 27 Apr 2004

I seen this in a computer mag looks good for the price what do others think? It is the £799 option I was interested in. click here

Xevious 15:41 27 Apr 2004

tiny's after-sales support is not known to be all that good (alledgedly) so think about that when deciding...

you can also get good deals from DELL for around £600 (ish) have you looked there?

TomJerry 15:45 27 Apr 2004

the machine you look is super, I do not think you can get better price elsewhere, you could also check out special offers by meshcomputers click here

Legolas 16:01 27 Apr 2004

I had a tiny computer years ago and it was a good machine, my brother has it now and we have had no trouble with it. I really like building my own comps but there is no way I could build one with the spec for that price so I am tempted to go for it.

Xevious 16:10 27 Apr 2004

i didn't say there was a problem with the hardware, only if you DID have problems then you'd struggle with the support side of things...

Alledgedly!

:-)

woodchip 16:41 27 Apr 2004

Tiny now owned by Time computers

Legolas 16:47 27 Apr 2004

Stangely enough I have also owned a Time computer and like the Tiny comp I owned I had no trouble with it.

woodchip 16:57 27 Apr 2004

As above good value for money it's the backup that as been the problem in the past with Time computers but they have been working on that according to what I read a while ago.

PS as that Anti-Virus stoped your comp getting infected

keith-236785 17:04 27 Apr 2004

Seems like a very good deal,only thing that may let it dow (but not at the moment) is the 128meg graphics, On top at the moment but who knows in a year or so, 256mb would have been the icing on the cake, but still a good system. (not sure if WIN XP Home version will have support for 64bit system, might be an idea to check before paying for something that may not run at full speed).

may sound negative, but you did ask for our opinions, if i had £800 to spend, i would probably buy it myself, but see if there is a possibility to upgrade to 256 MB graphics.

Happy computing

Legolas 17:19 27 Apr 2004

paperman27 I did think the graphics was a slightly weak area but for the money all round a good deal I think.

Woodchip I use AntiVir I cannot remember if that is the one you recommended it was a while ago and I am getting on a bit but it is a good free anti-virus app.

wee eddie 19:31 27 Apr 2004

Basic machine + you purchase the support option of your choice.

The idea is that they will sell mainly to experienced users & businesses who will not bother them or will pay a realistic price for support.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone