What do you make of this?

Ray5776 21:01 29 Jan 2006

Hi, I am currently getting messages similar to the following. Any ideas as to what is going on?

"Message from system to alert.
SYTEM ERROR system error detected on C/WINDOWS\ststem 32 Windows suggest visiting click here to download the repair tool"

or "STOP! WINDOWS REQUIRES IMMEDIATE ATTENTION FAILURE TO ACT MAY RESULT IN SYSTEM FAILURE"

Then tells you to download registry s/ware.

Any comments on this wellcom, looks like another scam to me.

Ray

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:05 29 Jan 2006

Check out cleanthispc.com click here then scroll down here to SpywareCleaner click here

aggressive, deceptive advertising (1, 2, 3, 4, 5); uses insecure ordering page (1); variant of NoSpyX, SpyVest, Spyware Slayer, Spyware Stormer, Spyware Wizard, & X-Spyware (1); Ad-aware knockoff - (Note: other domains associated w/ this app include: spw2a.com/sc/, spw2f.com/sc/, spw3e.com/sc/, spw4.com/sc/, spw8.com) [A: 6-26-04 / U: 4-6-05]

VoG II 21:06 29 Jan 2006

Run HJT click here and post a log on the Malware Removal forum click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:07 29 Jan 2006

'Messenger Service' is very easy to disable in the control panel>administrative tools>services. Just highlight 'mesenger', click stop button, select disable or manual

GuZ><0r 21:08 29 Jan 2006

This, I think is Messenger on windows. It allows people to send you pop-ups for products such as the ones you have described. To disable it go to

control panel>administrative tools>services and scroll to messenger

Then properties and select disabled on start-up.

Hoep this helps.

mark2 21:09 29 Jan 2006

also attempted to install software here just on visiting the page, a novice may well just accept the download without thinking.

Please avoid following the original click here.

Ray5776 21:26 29 Jan 2006

Thanks for your advice, sorted now, they should not be able to send this sort of crap causing alarm.

Ray

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone