What do you lot think of this computer?

LBensley 12:53 21 Aug 2013

Case: Zalman Z11 plus (4 fans included) Motherboard: MSI H87-G4 Processor: intel i7 4770 Ram: Corsair Vengeance Performance 2x4gb Graphics Card: MSI GeForce GTX 650Ti HDD: Seagate 1TB Barracuda SATA 6Gb/s  PSU: Corsair TX750

i have a basic dvd/cd drive which im not to bothered about.

have i missed anything? and how will this perform playing games such as league of legends? is there any other parts you would recomend? i cant go much over £820

nickf 19:20 25 Aug 2013

Nothing wrong with what you have chosen , but you could do better , and have a more balanced system . Whilst its great to have the latest tech , you might consider an ivy bridge CPU instead of Haswell , also go for an i5 , i7 is great but more than you will need . Go for a Z MoBo instead of an H range , they are more aimed at enthusiasts. Try to squeeze your budget to get a SSD ( best investment I have made ) . Double your Ram , especially if you go for a SSD , all indications are that having 16Gb of Ram can significantly increase the life of a SSD . GPU fine, as a general rule I try and spend roughly the same on a GPU as I do for the monitor . The PSU is a good one , but far more than you need . A good branded 600W will be more than enough . I hope this helps , good luck .

Chronos the 2nd 12:13 26 Aug 2013

Even with a decent SSD it is unlikely that you would hit 8GB let alone 16GB or RAM. Apart from that I agree with what nickf has advised.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?