What do you do with a downloaded template?

Internetwhizzkid 22:23 03 Feb 2007

Hi,

I have just started to make a website using Microsoft office frontpage 2003. Now I have just downloaded a template that is perfect for what I want. Only problem is I am sort of a newbie to Frontpage and I am just wondering does anyone know how to use these themes.

It came in a .zip file. it contains

1. the css
2. Javascipt
3. Images
4. A PHP file?
5. and XML file
6. and an image of what the final look is like.

So can anyone please help me in which to set up a website with a downloaded template.

Thanks
Ben

mco 23:54 03 Feb 2007

do you mean an actual jpg? Or do you mean an html file? Did you just click on it and it opened up as the site? If so, then open it up in notepad and adapt it to what words you want to use. I have used templates on a couple of sites but I've done it simply by replacing their images with mine - and changing the file paths to them and changing the words, headers etc in the html file - then uploading the lot. I presume you can load up the html file into front page and alter directly from there though.

Forum Editor 23:40 04 Feb 2007

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates\1033\Pages11\

Open the Pages11 folder and right click in the blank space. Select 'New' and then folder, and rename the folder using a name of your choice. Make sure that you type: .tem after the name.

Now open the folder that contains the unzipped files for your downloaded template, and drag and resize the open windows until you can see your new folder and the unzipped files folder. Now drag all the files into your new folder.

The template should now be available to you in FrontPage 2003.

Dirty Dick 16:10 05 Feb 2007

can you let us know what the template is like, please. Is there a link to have a look?

thanx

DD

Internetwhizzkid 16:21 05 Feb 2007

yep here is the URL

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?