What to do now ???

gibbs1984 16:12 11 Sep 2006

I've now learnt (X)HTML & CSS and created a site about me but really want to practice my skills and try different things otherwise you start to forget things.

So with nothing really to do what would be the best way to sort try out different things, shall I just create a sample website with no specific content and just try different things with that.

Steve

ade.h 16:22 11 Sep 2006

Some ideas:

A website that talks about a hobby or special interest. Originality doesn't matter, as it will have been done before anyway, but that is an advantage in your particular situation. Use the ideas that you see on similar sites.

Design a site for a friend's business, even if they don't need one. Good practice and gives you a feel for commercial web design. Bung it in a sub-folder of your server space. If they like it and it's good enough, they might even want to use it.

Think up a music artist or band that you would be interested in and design a site that showcases them. Again, bung it in a subfolder and no-one need ever see it if you don't want them to.

Work out what you would like to say, even if it's just fantasy, then work out how to say and you have yourself a website.

gibbs1984 15:16 12 Sep 2006

Cheers ade.h I'm going to try that, going to do a siet for my local football and my mates work I'll see how I get on.

Thanks for the tips.

Steve

ade.h 15:56 12 Sep 2006

No problem. Have fun with it!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?