What do I need?

  matstu 16:01 31 Dec 2005

I am considering a wireless network at home, I have a fairly new pc and an older one that has USB 1 and not 2.

So, do I need to upgrade the older one to usb with a new card?

Once this is done do I simply plug a USB 2 network adapter into the older pc or is there something else I will need so it can connect to the modem/router?

  01chris 16:12 31 Dec 2005

If the older PC has any spare PCI slots and you dont mind opening up the PC you might be better off using a PCI adapter rather than a USB one.

And when they are talking all you need to do would be to enable ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) on the newer PC and the old one should get Internet access over the network through the new PC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone X review

Political cartoons in 2017: Chris Riddell, Rebecca Hendin and Dave Brown on what it’s like to…

The best iPhone for 2017

Tennis : comment regarder la finale de la Coupe Davis 2017 ?