What do I do to use twitter

ponytail 17:01 12 Oct 2014

I am always hearing people talking about twitter and tweets and am never sure what is involved.I now have twitter on my laptop but still unsure as to how to use it.Can someone advise me.Thank's

Ian in Northampton 17:17 12 Oct 2014

ponytail: if you don't feel the need to share - in less than 140 characters - every minute detail of your every living hour - what you're thinking, what you're doing, what you're eating, what you're watching in an inane stream of consciousness that mostly says "Look at me! Listen to me! I'm here! I'm important!" - then I'd leave Twitter well alone.

bumpkin 17:29 12 Oct 2014

What do I do to use twitter

Why on earth would you want to.

iscanut 17:35 12 Oct 2014

Don,t bother , waste of time.

spuds 17:47 12 Oct 2014

Agree with what others have stated, but if you want a read, then this possibly might help click here

lotvic 18:59 12 Oct 2014

Having been made curious I had a look at Jim Martin's (pca editor) twitter. There was one that caught my eye:

'Quote of the day (from a reader who emailed in) "I have had a good look on the internet and most people seem to be idiots"'

ponytail 09:13 13 Oct 2014

Thank's for all the replies I was just curious but obviously the general opinion is a waste of time best left alone.Maybe I should just uninstall it and forget about.

spuds 10:31 13 Oct 2014

"Maybe I should just uninstall it and forget about."

If you have registered, then Twitter will have your email address, and possibly send reminders.

ponytail 10:33 13 Oct 2014

Thank's so what do I do

spuds 10:51 13 Oct 2014

Very little you can do now. At least with Twitter the reminders are not a regular nuisance, or at least that's how I have found it.

Woolwell 10:54 13 Oct 2014

I follow a few people on Twitter mainly for their humorous comments. However the vast majority of comments are inane. PCA tweets with the latest news.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?