what digital camera

ollie < one> 02:50 12 Jul 2003

hi all
i have seen what i think is a good deal on a digital camera £49 novatech but not knowing much about cameras is this such a good buy it has 2.1 megapixals 1.4 lcd screen and 2xdigital
zoom all techie talk to me is there any good sites which will explain all in laymans terms

thanks to all

powerless 03:07 12 Jul 2003

How it works click here

Reviews - Any camera your thinking of buying see if their is a review click here click here click here

Final thoughts: Well i have a 2MP camera with a xXx LCD screen. The pictures it takes are good. There not as a good as a filmed camera but i have taken many photos on it. Very easy to use with its easy to naviagte menu. It has a digital zoom which i never use anyway. It connects to the computer via USB. Easy and small click here

fpg 15:46 12 Jul 2003

£49 for a 2 mega pix camera sounds too good to be true - but maybe they are bankrupt stock bargains.

The lens is as important as the mega pix so if you want a serious camera look at Nikon and Canon and other camera coys with a good lens reputation.

Diemmess 17:55 12 Jul 2003

You wont buy one for much less....... Cameras are so competetive, you get "only what you pay for"

The lens is important as already said. Forget digital zoom, you can do that anyway in your software.

At that spec. I think you will have a very short period of fun with it and then wish you had spent a lot more for a better spec. camera.

Take heart, like basic computer "boxes" the spec goes up all the time, but the price remains much the same for "Entry Level", through to "Professional"

I agree with others about staying with a recognised brand name and if you only want to dabble, then be prepared to spend £100+ rather than waste your money on something that could disappoint. At that price there are some fantastic cameras available though the story repeats, for top of the range the price is high indeed.

Stuartli 17:58 12 Jul 2003

There are numerous threads on this subject, many of them under the same title, all of which will help.

LAP 18:24 12 Jul 2003

I had a problem with Evesham in return they sent me as a get well jesture a £50.00 digital camera. I have since given it away. The picture quality was poor etc etc..Lap..

woodchip 19:12 12 Jul 2003

At that price you will not get much it will be a cmos sensor in staid of a CCD they are no goog for other than fun photo's you will be disanointed in my opinion

pj123 22:12 12 Jul 2003

Always look for a digital camera that has "optical zoom" (at least 3x). digital zoom can always be done in paint shop pro or other image editing programmes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?