What computer to buy help?

Panos123 11:52 09 Mar 2014

Hi guys,

In the past I've had both PC & MAC. I know I can get more bang for my buck with a PC.. but I'm really finding it hard to decide which to get, there is too much information for me to take in.

I look for the information and benchmark scores of various CPU performance, and keep going back and forth to compare with what's available. I am just very confused, and need help from someone who knows their stuff.

I work in Photoshop 5 days a week, and need a machine with has good CPU and enough ram so that I don't find myself waiting too long when working on massive/ multiple files.

My budget is around £500.. the less the better, but I do want something good. I was considering this:

click here was told this is very good too:

click here I have to consider which graphics cards to get. I don't think I need a great graphics card, but I do need to be able to access the Photoshop GPU enhancements (such as scrubby zoom). I will be running 1 monitor (when I buy it) from this machine, but possibly 2 in the future, both in portrait mode.

Please help.. that would be much appreciated!

Thanks<

I Then

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?