What is the clock speed on my laptop and RESTRICTI

SANAP 14:27 18 Dec 2003

I am trying to use a fairly old dell latop win98 celeron processor and I get a message saying "Restrictions- this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer". I am using the software on a floppy. What is this?

And how can I find out the clock speed on this laptop?

sanap

Big Elf 14:33 18 Dec 2003

A quick google suggests that Kazaa or similar may have been installed on it which in turn has installed spyware. Try AdAware from click here to find and remove it.

Big Elf 14:36 18 Dec 2003

Also Spybot from click here

What's the model number of the laptop?

johnnyrocker 14:37 18 Dec 2003

it would seem to me (depending on the origin of the machine) that it may be a work one? and the IT people/administrator have placed limitations as to it's use.

johnny,

SANAP 14:47 18 Dec 2003

model no is PPI INSPIRON 7500

it is not linked to internet

sanap

Jester2K II 14:55 18 Dec 2003

click here

DELL PPI INSPIRON 7500 LAPTOP, PENTIUM II, 400 MHZ, 128 MB RAM, 10 GB HD, CDROM, XIRCOM 10/100MBPS PCMCIA, BUILT-IN MODEM, DOCKING STATION, AC ADAPTER, CARRYING CASE, WIN98 LICENSE W/CD, EXTRA AC ADAPTER

Jester2K II 14:56 18 Dec 2003

Or use program like CPU-Z click here to determine the speed.

When does the Restriction message come up?

What software are you using on the floppy?

Does it otherwise work ok?

SANAP 15:12 18 Dec 2003

OK thanks for all the help. I am trying to run an emulator program that I downloaded on my pc and it ran ok, loaded it to flooppy and then just clicked on it and got the restriction message. The laptop has not got winzip and winzip is 1,8mb so will not fit on floppy. The laptop is missing modem drivers so will not connect to internet.

I only borrowed it from nephew to flash a cam and it worked ok.
I have never used a laptop before so have it here with mouse plugged in and just messing about.
I need laptop to be near another piece of kit.

sanap

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie