What is the Chassis?

Hetti 12:06 10 Jan 2010

Recieved repaired laptop back from Medion, the repair is listed as.....
Defective electrical component/module (Chassis)
can anyone tell me what this means please?.

MAJ 12:09 10 Jan 2010

Most likely something like the power connection, Hetti, they can be very fragile on laptops. What problems were you having that it had to be repaired?

Technotiger 12:15 10 Jan 2010

Chassis, as far as I am aware, means the actual body of the case onto which the motherboard is attached. Can compare it to a car chassis, onto which all the rest of the car is built.

Technotiger 12:17 10 Jan 2010

Plus, I agree with MAJ, probably faulty power connection needing to be re-soldered on the motherboard.

Hetti 12:38 10 Jan 2010

Thanks guys
MAJ
The laptop just made a whislte sound then it was dead, I had not had any symtoms before that, when it actually happend I was downloading some software.
Worst thing was the laptop was away form 8Dec until 9 Jan as apparently Medion have to sent repairs to Essen in Germany.
I have a desk top and a laptop from Medion and have been happy with them both, but would think twice before buying another Medion because of the repair procedure.

MAJ 12:40 10 Jan 2010

Laptops can be very problematic to repair easily, Hetti, most laptops that need repairing will be sent back to the manufacturer. Glad you got your's sorted though, it's hateful being without them for even a week, never mind a month.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017