What is a 'cease order' & why do I have it?

goforit 13:08 13 Jan 2007

I have just found out that there is a cease order on my line but I don't know what it is. I also found out that it will be 'complete' by 16th Jan.

I have been using Tiscali for 2yrs, paying 15:99 pm and receiving 2.3 mb. I got a letter from them saying they would be working on my line on the 11th Jan. Now I only get 294 kbps.

So I start doing some digging. And found out about this order!

Please help someone!

Sophie

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:13 13 Jan 2007

A cease order is issued by the ISP to BT to disable the Broad Band part of the phone line.

This is usually done when ending a contract or changing ISP.

surfmonkey #:@}© 13:16 13 Jan 2007

1 have you tryed to change bb suplyer lately
2 excessive bandwidth usage
3 paying by credit card make sure it hasn't expired
and so on

Stuartli 13:16 13 Jan 2007

The 2.3MB is only the maximum speed of which your line is capable; you also appear to be paying far more than necessary for a 2MB service.

It could be that Tiscali is upgrading or introducing its own LLU equipment at your exchange.

No matter what, from experience I know that such work by Tiscali often leads to disaster afterwards with regard to download speeds.

You can find out Tiscali's Service Status at:

click here

goforit 14:54 13 Jan 2007

Thanks to fruitbat, surfacemonkey and stuartli for your help.

I pay by DD and ... too much I now realise. I had not cancelled but probably will or sign a new contract with them and pay less!

After several calls to Tiscali helpline, I found that I am not about to be cut off... I hope!

Stuartli 16:55 13 Jan 2007

Go to the Upgrade/Downgrade section of My Account and check on what is available.

The changeover is normally very quick, around 24 to 48 hours either up or down, and I used to find that Tiscali's billing department was on the ball regarding payments (I also used DD); any credit due came in the form of a cheque.

Stuartli 16:56 13 Jan 2007

It's worth checking the Upgrade/Downgrade section on a regular basis as the choice varies on a regular basis.

goforit 23:07 14 Jan 2007

Thanks for all the help. I think I have got to the bottom of this problem. I will know on the 16th when this 'cease order' should be sorted. Explanations from Tiscali staff not clear but I am still connected!

Sophie

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?