What cable for connecting O2 wireless box?

GaT7 22:03 04 Apr 2008

Yesterday I got connected to O2 broadband. They provided 2m RJ11-RJ11 cable to link their 'wireless box' with the BT mastersocket (through the microfilter), which is just too short for my needs. In the meantime I've managed with a long telephone extension cable - probably not ideal?

I'd like to get a 10m RJ11-RJ11 cable like this click here. Would it be suitable?

Or, do I need to get something that's 'high speed' with a better grade/standard like "24AWG" or similar like in this listing click here. Any knowledgeable advice welcome. Thanks, G

Ashrich 18:40 08 Apr 2008

If you don't mind having something that thick trailing around the house ( at least it is black , not too obtrusive ) then I should think the 24awg would do you well , as it is such a long run .

Ashley

GaT7 19:22 08 Apr 2008

Thanks for your reply.

It appears I already have a Belkin 9m high-speed cable (like click here) running along the skirting board from the old dial-up days. I connected this just now & it works just fine. No increase in speed, but I'm not complaining as I've saved a few quid :-) G

GaT7 19:29 08 Apr 2008

Actually I am getting 1-2Mb quicker with this cable. Will mark as resolved. Thanks again, G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?