What blank dvd disks do I buy ?

off roader 00:09 14 Oct 2004

Can anyone help . I have just got a new comp with a sony dvd rw and when I went to the shop to buy some disk there were two types + or - no info came with the drive and sony don't list it on their website . Which do I buy ? or are they all the same.
thanks.

Completealias 00:24 14 Oct 2004

Hi there no the discs aren't all the same. There are 2 different formats in use for DVD's - and +. You need to know which ones your drive supports as you won't be able to use the other formats.

Have you checked sony's website using the model no. of the drive? You can find this out in device manager. Also you could consult the maker of your system.

If you have nero you can use the choose recorder option to check which discs your recorder supports.

Hope this helps

SEASHANTY 16:15 14 Oct 2004

If its a new PC then your Sony DVD Writer most likely supports both formats. The DVD-R 4.7GB discs seem to cause the least trouble. Try some of the Ritek brand using the G04 dye. Not all brands will work on particular machines so try out a few different makes until you find a reliable one. You could also ask the supplier before purchase if compatible with your Sony type Writer. This is a fairly good supplier of blank discs
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?