What is the best way to get your site seen?

Napster 2005 19:53 18 Jun 2005

I have tried many different search engine submissions but they never seem to give my site any more traffic. Does anybody know of any which actually work?Thank You

BEN MARSHALL 20:20 18 Jun 2005

Add Ur site to Google click here

wait about a month and see if u are added then see if u have got a imfeeling lucky link! if you do the create a simple but effective advert e.g. Take the Google logo place the search box next to it with Ur imfeeling lucky text in and the I'm feeling lucky button at the end place Ur company tag line underneath with address details and tel and get it in the papers! search for free site submission to yahoo and "all the web" you may want to add a recommend this site to a friend box to Ur site and then poss create a spam mailing list and web pop ups and banners!

Hope this helps PS. place Ur site link on this forum and get peoples atention this way! and place a counter on ur site set it at something like 1539 insted of zero to start at and people will realy think ur sites good because its had lots of visiters!

Charlie Babbage 23:40 19 Jun 2005

With everyone trying to get their site at or near the top of the search engine listings, obviously not everyone is going to be lucky!!

These are old and you've probably thought of them already:

1. Incorporate your URL in all your publicity eg letterheads, business cards, hard copy adverts etc. Tell everyone (face to face, on the phone, texts etc) you can think of that you've just launched your site or revamped it.

2. Try to think of other sites to which you could provide a link in return for them providing a link to your site.

There are probably others that you can think up yourself!

Charlie

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?