what is the best virus remover

silverdragon4 15:28 02 Nov 2006

I am looking fora good program that will find and remove Trojans/hackers/viruses...all that from my computer. I have Spybot, AdAware and Norton Internet Security but i think i could be more secure.
I would appreciate any help :)

VoG II 15:30 02 Nov 2006

a-squared click here

Ewido click here

Don't install another real-time virus scanner - it will conflict with Norton.

birdface 16:13 02 Nov 2006

You also want to download Spyware Blaster,It runs in the background, Just check every 10 days or so for updates.

rômanab 16:19 02 Nov 2006

What about Win Defender...

click here

anskyber 16:28 02 Nov 2006

"Don't install another real-time virus scanner - it will conflict with Norton."

Is good advice and to do so is one of the best ways to get a system crash. I think Win Defender does for example and you might want to look carefully at Spyware Blaster in view of the comment that it runs in the background.

VoG™ 's recommendations with your current set up are all and more than you shopuld need.

VoG II 16:33 02 Nov 2006

Actually, Spywareblaster does NOT run in the background. You just need to run it and it sets kill bits in the registry to stop spyware from installing. Then close it. Check for updates every couple of weeks.

anskyber 16:35 02 Nov 2006

Well yes that is what I thought but I turned to buteman's comments since I assume he uses it.

silverdragon4 17:04 02 Nov 2006

ok, downloading the Ewido AVG Anti Virus first. hehe

birdface 17:26 02 Nov 2006

Well thanks for that, I assumed it ran in the background, Or how could it stop problems getting in.thanks for puting me right,Learn something new on here every day,Still only learning, When I stop learning you know I will no longer be arround.

postie24 18:58 02 Nov 2006

I assummed it ran in the background as well.Before i installed spyware blaster,,ad adware always found critical objects in the brower.With spyware blaster installed i dont get any.I hardly ever click on sptyware blaster aswell.How is it keeping my browser clear?

VoG II 19:06 02 Nov 2006

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?