What audio cable do I need?

  eshroom 03:11 11 Jul 2009

I need a cable connection a 3.5mm audio out, to a mobile phone's 3.5mm as if it were a hands free mic.

So what is played on the computer can be heard by the person on the phone without distortion as if ti were being played directly into the phone and not through the computer.

What cable would this be?


  eedcam 09:31 11 Jul 2009

Maplins should have what you need or most tv shops
click here

  Stuartli 21:18 11 Jul 2009

I presume you mean a 3.5mm to 3.5mm stereo jack plug lead, which any half decent audio, TV or hi-fi shop should have in stock in various lengths at low cost - you could even try a discount store that offers audio accessories.

  DieSse 14:10 12 Jul 2009

I think you need more than just a cable. In fact I think what you want to achieve may not even be possible.

For a start, the output of the computer is nothing like a microphone signal - it's much louder for a start. Also you'd need to know how the 'phone is supposed to use it's jackplug input (if it is an input).

But why do it through a phone - loudspeakers or a decent headset would be guaranteed to connect and give you the right signal levels and a good sound (better than a phone ever will.)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017