What are these files connected with?

pj123 15:19 04 Apr 2006

BQSHYJ24.ocx
F9B5D4PH.ocx
VO63QJZE.ocx
NWQNADHB.ocx and
O83PPKBG.ocx.

Google doesn't give much help.

I have a friend who used to be able to listen to music tracks from the internet but now gets an error message something like: Access denied to C:\temporary internet files\content ie5\xxxxx.

He is running Win 98SE so we tried sfc and it came up with the above .ocx files are corrupted.

We tried the Win 98SE CD but they are obviously not Windows files, as it didn't work.

I also have Win 98SE and listen to the same tracks with no problem. We both have Real Alternative running which is what the site says is needed (well Real Player actually) as they are .ram files.

terryf 15:20 04 Apr 2006

do a google 'what is the file extension ocx'

terryf 15:24 04 Apr 2006

Look at these free programs
click here AVG Free, do an immediate test, update from time
to time
click here SpyBot Search and Destroy, download, update and
immunise, update from time to time
click here
Bazooka, run from time to time, update from time to time
click here Ad-Aware, update from time to time
click here free scan with Spyware Doctor
click here a-squared free, update from time to
time
Apologies if you already have these

pj123 15:27 04 Apr 2006

Already done that. Doesn't tell me much other than it is "Short for OLE Control Extension, an independent program module that can be accessed by other programs in a Windows environment. OCX controls end with a .ocx extension. OCX controls represent Microsoft's second generation of control architecture, the first being VBX controls written in Visual Basic."

pj123 15:30 04 Apr 2006

Again terryf both of us are already running all of those programs plus Spywareblaster.

skidzy 15:49 04 Apr 2006

Hi Pj

Im not 100% about this product and if any good,but it does state to fix ocx files.

If you would like to try it here is the link
click here

skidzy 15:55 04 Apr 2006

Also had a thought,have you tried ccleaner click here

pj123 16:52 04 Apr 2006

skidzy, yep, sorry but done that as well.

I am on my PC now and I have just tried to play the same music .ram file as my friend and it is playing perfect. We both have (roughly) the same setup. We are both using JetAudio and have not had any problems before.

ened 17:12 04 Apr 2006

Is this what you are looking for click here ?

skidzy 17:28 04 Apr 2006

PJ
Does this help ?
click here

VoG II 18:12 04 Apr 2006

In Internet Explorer, Tools/Internet Options, View Objects button. Is anything shown as Damaged. If so, right click and select Update (whilst connected to the internet).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?